•  photo test2_zpse9918d06.png"/>"/>
  •  photo test11_zps6843199c.png"/>"/>
  •  photo test33_zpsa049f2a3.png"/>"/>"/>

Saturday, May 7, 2011

This One's for you Mom!

Happy Mother's Day!  Tyler and I were recently talking about family traditions, which happen to be one of my favorite things, and were laughing about how different ours were growing up!  One tradition I love is Mother's Day breakfasts.  My sisters and I would "scheme," along with the help of my dad, to get together all the ingredients we thought would make the perfect breakfast for mom.  Typically it involved pancakes, eggs, bacon, and all the basic breakfast yummies! We thought we were so tricky and we would get up a little early that Sunday morning, head straight to the kitchen, and whip up our creations.  Despite the kitchen being right next to our parents bedroom and the fact that three girls in a small kitchen is not exactly the most quiet thing, my mom was somehow always still asleep when breakfast was ready to be served to her in bed. Man were we good!  I hate that this year we won't be there to treat her to breakfast in bed, especially since now that we are older and actually know how to cook, she might actually enjoy it!

But even though we aren't together, I hope my mom knows just how special she is to me and to my sisters. I know managing a home with three girls couldn't have been easy. Just imagine the excellent referee she had to be!  But through all the hair pulling and fights over "borrowed" clothes, my mom helped make each of us into the women we are today (which Tyler says is something my mom should be proud of considering the awesome husband I managed to rope in.) But all joking aside, my mom was an extremely devoted mom. She sat through swim meets, cheerleading games (also know as football games-- but we all know who the real stars are), piano recitals, and so much more and she was always our biggest fan.  Looking back, I can now see many of the sacrifices she made for us as we grew up and I have a deep sense of gratitude, that words can't real descibe, for all of my mom's love, provision, and support.

Today's you're day Mom!  I love you!

And she is so pretty too!!





1 comment: