•  photo test2_zpse9918d06.png"/>"/>
  •  photo test11_zps6843199c.png"/>"/>
  •  photo test33_zpsa049f2a3.png"/>"/>"/>

Thursday, August 4, 2011

A little Diners, Drive Ins, and Dives Inspiration

Tyler and I rarely have much time to watch TV. We pretty much rely on DVR for the shows we love, but when we do watch miscellaneous TV, we more often times then not find ourselves turning on Food Network at about 10:30 where we end up watching Diners, Drive Ins, and Dives. By this time of night our dinner has settled and the glorious description of fattening, All-American cusine is like a trap. It's like we know what we are getting ourselves into and so we only have ourselves to blame, but we can't resist. So by eleven o'clock we seem to be having an unquenchable craving for deep dish pizza or fried chicken.

Well a few night ago, Tyler and I found ourselves in this very scenario. The diner was making "grilled cheese" with pulled pork and macaroni and cheese... Hello, yummy goodness!! Unfortunately the only thing our pantry provided in a similar flavor scheme was hotdogs and Kraft mac and cheese. But that didn't stop us! The very next night, Tyler whipped up his very first "home cooked" meal. Hats off to the chef for creativity, spontaneity, and taste!

The final product

I was maybe just a little skeptical...

But Tyler was, of course, ecstatic!

Life around here has been pretty relaxed as your can see :)  But this guy finds a way to keep life interesting somehow or another! More pictures of the house to come and definitely more updates on CF stuff soon!


1 comment:

  1. So excited for Tyler's first dinner haha! I think it looks tasty. I like to microwave a slice of cheese on a hot dog so this is pretty akin to what I like

    ReplyDelete