•  photo test2_zpse9918d06.png"/>"/>
  •  photo test11_zps6843199c.png"/>"/>
  •  photo test33_zpsa049f2a3.png"/>"/>"/>

Friday, June 10, 2011

I suppose it is time for an update!

As many of you can tell, my post have been few and far between!  And I hate that because there has been so much going on around here, but it is for that very reason that there has been such a lack of updating! But I guess a good overview of everything will have to do!

We Moved!
Tyler and I bought our first house and it is absolutely the house of my dreams! We are so excited and over the past few weeks we have accomplished a ton!  I quickly became best friends with a paint roller and several blank walls and Tyler was granted lawn mowing privileges again for the first time in a long time (too long of a story to tell right now, but a picture is worth a thousand words!).


Moving Day!



Home sweet home!


Yah, that happens to be a lawn mower Tyler blew up. And yes, he will be mowing our lawn... talk about serious trust! But luckily, he says he won't let it happen again!


Gotta' add that special touch!
With the help of several friends and a late night here and there our home is really coming together!  So far we have painted Tyler's office, the kitchen, the dining room, and the living room (a special thank you to Allen and Jessica!) and we are putting any other painting on hold for just a bit.  Here are a few pictures of the progress.  Along with picking out paint colors, Tyler and I had lots of decisions about furniture.  Moving from an extra small cottage, to a small apartment, to an actual house meant that we didn't have much of anything I would call substantial furniture.  Talk about decisions! Being as indecisive as I am, most of my free time has been eaten up by long lost searches for the perfect furniture pieces.  The house pictures won't have these great finds just yet, well, because they haven't arrived.  So far now... check out these great looking walls!

Dining Room Before....


And After...


 Living Room Before...

And after.... (hard to tell but its a mocha color)


I didn't have a good picture of the before, but here is the new paint in the kitchen!


More pictures to come as we add decor!


Robby turned two!
My sweet nephew Robby turned two!  And my sister and brother-in-law threw him the cutest birthday party.  He happens to be in love with Thomas the Train and so he had a full fledge Thomas the Train party.  The night before the party Amy and I had a blast making Robby a train cake and I think it turned our pretty cute and I think we will get better at our cake making skills over the years! Check out all the cute decorations my sister made. She is so creative! And she can make a bathroom shine (special thanks to Amy for helping me get the house ready for the move in!!)


The start of the cake :)


Part of the finished cake... I couldn't get a complete picture before they dug in!


Opening Presents!


Such a sweet boy!


The Thomas the Train the kids could crawl through


The ticket booth


Results from the VX-770 & VX-809 Trial are out!
For months we have been waiting to hear about the official results from Tyler's trial.  And while we haven't heard specific results on whether or not Tyler was on the drug or not (which I think everyone has already decided this as it is), we did get a glimpse into the positive results on the overall trial. Check out the official press release here:  http://www.cff.org/aboutCFFoundation/NewsEvents/6-9-Phase-2-Study-of-VX-770-and-VX-809-Results.cfm But to sum up that release here, basically the results were great and they plan on beginning more tests on it towards the end of this year.  We will continue to pray for more positive results, quick FDA approval, and for the possible chance for Tyler to be involved in another round.

Well that's a pretty brief summation of everything going on around here. I really hope and plan to get back to more regular updates especially since we have a lot of visitors coming to stay at our new place this summer!

3 comments:

  1. Where is the picture of your poor hands after all that painting? I hope the swelling has gone down. Can't wait to see your beautiful home in person! Oh yes, and I am happy that you are giving Tyler one more chance with the lawn mower. Don't let us down Tyler!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just happened to leave that picture out :) But they look better today I just haven't been able to clean this weekend (bummer, right? ha!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your new home! That's so exciting! I can't wait to see more pictures!

    I hope life is treating you well--looks like it might be ;^]

    ReplyDelete