In anticipation of my birthday, Tyler had begun to ask what I wanted. I am almost embarrassed by my answer, because to be honest I can't decide whether or not it makes me "little miss domestic" or just plain boring....probably the latter. But since Tyler knows me so well, he just had to laugh when I told him I thought a vacuum might be a nice gift. What... I am practical! But in case you don't know Tyler, he is not. And that always makes gifts exciting and quite unpreditable. I must brag though, he is a great gift giver so I never really worry. I know he hears my practical requests and that they go in one ear and out the other. I must say, I am especially glad my vacuum request did just that!
Since my birthday fell on a weekday, Tyler planned a whole day for us to celebrate. So we both took off work and started off on our day full of surprises. My first surprise was my birthday gift. I think he let me open it first because, well, he couldn't keep it a secret anymore! When I woke up, he had a little note posted on our bedroom door that sent me on a scavenger hunt. It was precious. The end of the hunt led me to one of the closets in our house and I opened it to find....
A VACUUM! I was honestly very surprised... not disappointed by any means.... but definitely surprised. I couldn't help but crack a joke, "Just wait till I tell those girls who complain about getting a blender for Christmas, that I got a vacuum for my birthday! HA!" To make it even more strange, I pulled the sheet off the vacuum and then realized he had taken it out of the box? I just died laughing....he got me a vacuum and he opened it for me? But Tyler, being the scheming guy he is, knew just what he was doing! I then realized, this isn't a new vacuum, it's a trick! Tyler then gave me the last clue which lead me to a very pretty wrapped gift. When I opened the box, I was floored. He got me a camera! I had lost my camera several months ago during one of our many travels and had been heart broken over it. What a sweet husband! I love that he brings so much laughter to my life and that he is so thoughtful. I am truly blessed! Well since I had my new camera, Tyler planned out our day of fun around where we could take neat pictures....so the rest of this post will be more of a slide show :)
We went to lunch at Brent's Drug Store
On a side note... the camera also video tapes... here is the first video...it really captures a cute side of me...NOT! But it's pretty funny :)
Then we headed to the Museum of Art (this is where we had our wedding reception)
Love this picture!!
My turn!
I took a picture of this piece of art at the Museum and it turned out so neat! I LOVE it!
Then we headed to a CANDY STORE!!
And then to the Reservoir...
If this wasn't already the most perfect day ever.... we came home, took a quick nap, and he took me out to dinner! We went to an awesome Mexican restaurant and took more pictures in the historic Fondren area. This is where we took some of my favorite pictures!
Let's just say we ate good ALL day!
Tyler trying out an "action shot"
My favorite shot of the whole night!
We had such a blast! I am one lucky girl to have such a sweet husband and so many others who celebrated with me on my 25th birthday! I can hardly believe I am already 25. Luckily for me, a little boy said this to me just the other day... "You're married? I thought you was a kid!" ... So apparently I still look about 12.
"/>"/>
"/>"/>
"/>"/>"/>





Happy birthday! Glad it was a good one. :)
ReplyDeleteSo fun! I'm so glad you had an amazing time for your birthday! I can't wait to see you Saturday!
ReplyDeleteDo you still need a vacumn? There's always Christmas. Glad you guys had such a great day! Love ya!!
ReplyDeleteThanks y'all! And yes, I better add the vacuum to the Christmas list! Although Tyler may have quite the task when it comes to getting it to Florida :)
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday!!!
ReplyDeleteelainepack.blogspot.com