•  photo test2_zpse9918d06.png"/>"/>
  •  photo test11_zps6843199c.png"/>"/>
  •  photo test33_zpsa049f2a3.png"/>"/>"/>

Sunday, February 12, 2012

A New Desk!

I have been a little absent from the blog these days.  What can I say?  Life has been running us wild and time to sit and write has not been as frequent.  What has kept us so busy you ask?  Well, I have been doing a few home projects.  I love a good project and for some reason they are so therapeutic to me.  I count myself lucky to have a husband who doesn't mind me wanting to change the paint colors in a room or build a desk in a closet.  He is pretty wonderful at letting me just go for it!  And in the project I am sharing today, he even jumped in and helped!

The reason behind this project was that I am going to be doing a little work from home starting this month and so I needed a place to where I could do just that.  Tyler has a "home office"  but if we are being honest, that room is much more like a man cave than an office. So there wasn't any room for me there!  And since I hate clutter I really didn't want to set up anything up in the guest room.  That's when I found the perfect idea on Pinterest-- a desk in the closet!  It works perfectly because I really don't need that much space and I can close the door and the clutter is hidden! Ahh... hidden clutter... it's a beautiful thing.

Here are a few pictures.... I must say, my amazing husband is responsible for constructing the desk.  If I ever said he wasn't handy, well, I was wrong!  At first I thought I would paint the closet and while that would have been great, I had a second thought.  I used fabric to cover a project board and measured it to fit perfectly in the space between the desk and the top shelf.  It works great to post notes on and in case I want to change the look, its super easy to take it down and switch up the fabric!

The empty closet and the handyman :)
 Desk is ready to go! And Tyler didn't think it needed any "frilly" details....
....But SO much cuter!





2 comments:

  1. You guys are so cute! Your "office" space is also equally as cute! Loveeee it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sam, you are way too sweet! Glad you like the space! It only seems appropriate to thank you for all your awesome pins on Pinterest :)

    ReplyDelete