•  photo test2_zpse9918d06.png"/>"/>
  •  photo test11_zps6843199c.png"/>"/>
  •  photo test33_zpsa049f2a3.png"/>"/>"/>

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

DIY? Yes, please!

Call me picky, call me high maintenance, call me whatever, but let me be real, sometimes, despite all my best shopping efforts, I am convinced that manufacturers just do not make what I am looking for. Okay, or maybe they do at a price I am just not willing to pay. Either way, I have a new love for DIY projects, especially since we are in our new house.  Something about a DIY project makes a home feel personalized and unique and it's that touch that I love.  I can't say I am the most crafty person out there, but so far, so good!  Here is one project I just completed and I am sure I will post more in the near future.

I love texture, color, and patterns in my house.  It makes me happy.  I do not love water stains on new furniture. Been there, done that! So when shopping for coasters, I definitely had an idea of what I wanted in mind and unfortunately I just couldn't find ones that I thought were interesting enough. I felt like they needed a certain look since our coasters were not going to be the type that you just pull out for that occasional party, they are pretty much mainstays on our side tables... so I just couldn't leave out something that didn't look cute!

I have seen A LOT of people try these tile coasters and they made it look pretty easy, so I went for it!  I won't go into all the details of how you can make them, you can find those on this site.  But here are my results...not expensive at all...and cute, right?





If I can do it, anyone can! Seriously :)



1 comment: