Anyways, since Tyler had to work late the other night (tax extension's are due soon!) I had the chance to do some research I had been wanting to do. For those of you who are learning about CF as you read my blog then you may not know that people with CF have to have A LOT of medicines. Because of this, many people with CF are a part of government programs that help with the hefty costs of these absolutely mandatory medicines. Like all government programs, to receive this type of help, you must meet certain eligibility requirements. If you don't meet these requirements, there are other options out there that might be of help! We just learned about these options and definitely wanted to share just in case anyone else out there had no clue about these programs (as was the case for us!).
Tyler has to take these three medicines which can be rather costly: Pulmozyme, TOBI, and Cayston. Turns out, that each of these medicines have a co-pay program where the manufacturer helps pay for a portion of your co-pay costs, if your co-pay is above a a certain amount and if you are not on government funded insurance or assistance. Here are the websites I found that helped me through the process:
Pulmozyme
Website:
http://www.pulmozyme.com/insurance/copay-card.jsp
Phone Number: 1-877-794-8723
New Co-payment: ONLY $30.00
TOBI
Website:
Phone Number: 1-877-999-TOBI
New Co-payment: ONLY $10.00
Cayston
Website: https://www.cayston.com/assets/media/pdfs/Patient_Reimbursement__CC4389_ENG_10_27_10.pdf
Phone Number: 1-877-7CAYSTON
New Co-payment: ONLY $25.00
Phone Number: 1-877-7CAYSTON
New Co-payment: ONLY $25.00
All I did was call the numbers I have listed and ask for more information about their co-pay programs. Each person I spoke with was very helpful! The Pulmozyme representative gave me all of my card information over the phone and said he would mail the card to me immediately. But in order to start using it today all I had to do was go to our pharmacy give them the information (ID Number, BIN Number, etc.) and they put it in the system for next time we pick up Pulmozyme. The TOBI representative did almost all of the work for me. She faxed a copy of the card over to the pharmacy and so when I arrived there today to take care of the Pulmozyme, the TOBI information was already up to date and ready to use. Then the pharmacist gave me the faxed copy of the card. Cayston has an additional approval process, they contact your insurance to make sure that you are not receiving any government funding, but after we hear back from them I am sure the process will be much the same as the other two.
If you have any questions, I would be glad to help! Happy Savings!
"/>"/>
"/>"/>
"/>"/>"/>




No comments:
Post a Comment